Wednesday 2 January 2013

A Terrifying Dream (again) and Strange Happenings



What I dreamed of last night beats anything I have ever dreamed in sheer terror. In fact, it was so ... ahhh ... that I don't even want to talk about it. All I'm going to say is, it involved a raptor and some very large bugs.

Something else is beginning to play with me.


I enjoy writing, as I've said before, and when I was at school in Year Seven (I must have been about eleven) I began to write the prologue and first chapter of a horror story entitled ‘Fear Park’. This week I found my old notebook and began to type it up, changing phrases and adding words where I deemed it necessary.

I began to think about my main villain, whom I had named Lazarus the Scorpion Man, after a particularly horrifying nightmare I had once had.

I came across an old box that I had not used since that time. Inside it, I found many things: old toys, pencils, mini torches – the usual junk of an eleven year old. What I found inside that box along with the junk chilled my blood.

There was a drawing of the creature from my dream, of Lazarus. It was not a good picture, for I have never been too good at visual art, drawing and the like. Even so, the smile on the distorted, grotesque parody of a human face I had given him was horrendous.

When I turned over the paper, I found another drawing of another very odd creature. A dim memory comes to me, of a school friend drawing it and calling it a ‘thunderbird’. Written on the paper on this side was a set of instructions: Start, settings, CP, display prop, screen saver, strolling marquee and setting. It looked like it had come from a computer.

I also found another item, which is the oddest of all: a strip of metal wound around a rusty nail, a rudimentary knife.

Now I am frightened. Why did I find all this, just when I began to remember old memories? What force is at large here? I have the terrifying thought that something is playing with me. I have the worse thought that it is enjoying it.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you'r already in too deep.

    Just join one of them. It's your best chance at survival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will join no one. It's coincidences, shadows in the dark. No trick of the eye will force me into joining factions of demon-worshipping cultists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a consistent theme among the Hunted; The ones who fight die, the ones who run go mad, and the ones who join us survive.

      Eventually your options will disappear altogether, and you'll have to lay in the bed you made.

      Delete
    2. The ones who join are already mad. And then they die, some from meeting me.

      Delete
  3. My my. You appear to have attracted a lot of attention. Most of it from the wrong people. If you can call them people.

    ReplyDelete