Sunday 6 January 2013

Choices

The way I see it, I have three options.

I can give in to one of these Fears, and serve them. Immortality might be nice...
But that would mean giving in. Failing. I don't fail.

I could look at this Alliance. Peace between humans and Fears, though? We will never stop feeling the thrill from horror stories in the dark, so it's not going to happen.

I could run.
I could pack my bags and run away. My family would wonder. At least they would be safer.

Choices, choices. So difficult, so ensnaring, so engaging.

I wonder.

6 comments:

  1. Immortality is the only option worth considering, you can always manipulate the fears to your will.
    That is if you have the balls for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Immortality's pretty good. Not for everyone, I don't think. And it really depends on who you follow. Not everyone provides that service. And some that do are the kind that make you wish you were mortal.

    And it's not really failure, merely acceptance.

    Do what you will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a fourth option.

    Fight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can I fight what I do not know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Either of the first two options would work out best for you. Hell, if you join the Archangel, I could convince him and Daedalus to let you be the Archangel's representative in the Alliance.

    ReplyDelete